Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Dalles Art Show

I was approached by a friend who lived in The Dalles, OR and she was doing an art show there; she was wondering if I wanted to be one of the artists in the show. It was scheduled for less than two months after I would have had my baby but it sounded so fun! An art show is something that has crossed my mind but I have never actually pursued entering anything in one, so I felt crazy but I said YES! Somehow I gathered enough work to submit it to the The Dalles Art Center by the end of April.

I don't know how it happened. Honestly I don't.

We stuffed our 3 kids into our Corolla and drove 10+ hours to The Dalles. I felt crazy, and I still think it was crazy but it worked.

Now I can say I did an art show! I learned A LOT! Sometimes I learned the hard way, but in the end it all turned out and I am glad that I did it. Here are the pieces...I wanted to do some other theme but ran out of time and figured that plants and flowers were beautiful and easier than any of the other ideas I had floating in my head!

Here is the flyer...I scanned it so it's not the best quality! Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Janelle. Or perhaps it should be beautiful Janelle? Both work.

    ReplyDelete

Followers